THE KIM O METHOD
- Read books, magazines, blogs
- TV shows on lifestyle and self-help
- Audio materials, such as CDs and podcasts
- YouTube videos
- Talks and seminars
- Speak to professionals (physicians, nutritionists and trainers), self-help groups
Set your goal:
- Have a plan written out with a clear end goal
- Take incremental steps along the way
- When you slip up and fall behind, don’t stop. Start again.
- Don’t give up. Your success is defined by the goals you have set for yourself
The Kim O Weight Loss Method:
A 15-step approach.
- Have a specified weight goal from the start.
- See a physician to check for health problems, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, thyroid problem or kidney disease. Take care of your general health. Pay attention to annual health examination, cancer screening and adult immunizations.
- Reduce intake of calories from all sources.
- EAT FRUITS and VEGETABLES. Remove carbohydrates (bread, pasta, pizza, cookies, chips, cakes, donuts, potatoes, rice) as much as possible. Eat sufficient protein form skinless poultry, beans, peanuts and sea food.
- Eat small meals 3 times a day, with a snack in between depending on your habits
- Avoid eating out. But if you do, stick to your strict diet
- Drink only water. No water, soda or juices. Limit alcohol to an occasional glass of wine.
- Take daily vitamin supplements daily
- Keep a daily log of your weight and Blood Pressure.
- Try physician prescribed appetite suppressant (such as Adipex) This is only for a few months to get you acclimatized to your diet. Remember these medications can cause increased heart rate or worsen a pre-existing anxiety disorder
- Regular aerobic exercise at least 5 times a week, for at least 30 minutes. You don’t have to join an expensive gym. Get a treadmill or exercise bike at home. Walk as much as possible.
- Weight loss surgery. The best current options are Gastric sleeve surgery or Gastric bypass procedure, especially if you are morbidly obese with a BMI above 35. Ask your physician to refer you to a bariatric surgeon.
- Cosmetic surgery to remove unsightly skin flaps on arms and jutting out of bellies, hips and buttocks, may sometimes be necessary. This should only come after you have reached your optimal weight goal
- Wear clothes that fit you; Wear comfortable shoes so you can walk in.
- When you reach your weight goal, continuing your weight-losing habits, diet and regular exercise.
The 15-step Kim O Method can be used in other areas of your life such as
- Love and marriage
- Business and career
- Going back to school
- Social life – social groups, volunteering, charitable activities
In all these, 1) Set your goal, 2) Have a plan to achieve your goal, and 3) Stick to your plan.