1. Wash hands frequently or use a hand sanitizer.
2. Soap and water is more effective than sanitizers
3.. Avoid touching you eyes, mouth, nose or other parts of your face.
4. Avoid contact with sick people.
5. Cover your mouth with a paper towel when you cough or sneeze. Dont cough into your arms or clothes.
6. Use alcohol wipes to disinfect objects and surfaces like table tops, cellphones, car keys and children's toys.
7. Instead of shaking hands, do a "elbow bump."
8. When you are sick, avoid going to public places like restaurants, malls, schools and places of worship
Oladele Olusanya, MD
Physician and Medical Director, Charter Medical Center